Pages

Saturday 20 August 2011

Doll's House cake

I can't believe my baby girl is going to be 9 tomorrow, where has the time gone? My cute little ones are now displaying ominous signs of impending hormones, especially my eldest who is approaching 13, oh to be back in the days of playdough and giggles.

Anyway, to celebrate the youngest's birthday, I have been busy making her cake which this year is a Doll's House. A friend recently gave Jess a huge doll's house so we have been having fun stripping wallpaper, painting and helping ourselves to wallpaper samples from Homebase!

I've never made a cake like this before so, as always, the next time I do something similar it will come out much better! Quite pleased with the overall effect although it has sagged slightly at the back due to the weight, oops...


I had such fun making the little veggie beds, the "earth" is brown sugar!





So, back to party prep, we have the family coming round so making sandwiches, sausage rolls, quiche etc, another busy day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!